GET STARTED! Register your organization.
Thank you for your interest in participating in Georgia Gives Day!
If your nonprofit has never participated in GA Gives Day, you may apply online.
GA Gives Day 2015 will be held Thursday, November 12.
If your nonprofit has previously participated in Georgia Gives Day, you do not need to apply again. Your account is still live and active on the site.You only have to register for Georgia Gives Day once. However, we advise you to test your donation function regularly by transacting $1 to ensure your merchant account is active and functioning.
As a past participant, all you need to do is log in, update your profile as needed, and you’re set for November 12. You might also want to refresh yourself on the Nonprofit Toolkit for this year and see where you are at with our Georgia Gives Day Checklist.
Below are some common questions you might have before participating. You can find more information in our Nonprofit FAQs.
What makes an organization eligible to participate in Georgia Gives Day?
Any state registered, Georgia based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization is eligible to participate.
How do I know if my nonprofit is a 501(c)(3) organization?
You can check 501(c)(3) status on the NCCS Database.
How do I know if my nonprofit is state registered?
You can search the Georgia Secretary of State’s website to determine your state registration status by clicking here.
I’m not registered with the Georgia Secretary of State, how do I do so?
Nonprofit corporations are formed by filing Articles of Incorporation with the Georgia Secretary of State by clicking here.
How much does it cost for a nonprofit to participate in Georgia Gives?
Nothing. There is no set-up fee to participate. Nonprofits enroll through a simple online registration form and receive an individual merchant account for donations to be directly deposited into the nonprofit's bank account.
Visa, MasterCard, & Discover:
A low credit/debit card transaction fee of 2.85% for MasterCard/VISA/Discover will apply to donations. That is it, no additional charges.
American Express may be processed directly through American Express. Transactions will be deposited directly by American Express, less the contracted American Express Discount Rate and fees. Click & Pledge will assess 2% in addition to the American Express contracted fees. Click & Pledge fees will be collected monthly, in arrears, by the processor according to the merchant services agreement. This clause applies to American Express ONLY.
Echecks are at a flat rate of 1.85%
I've submitted my nonprofit's registration form, what happens next?
1. Application Sent: Your application has been forwarded to Click & Pledge and merchant bank TransFirst for review.
2. Sign Agreement : TransFirst will contact you (Monday - Friday) for any additional information and then send the Merchant Account Agreement to be executed via eSignature.
If you do not receive an email from TransFirst in 24 hours, please check your SPAM folder. If no email is received, contact Click & Pledge here.
3. Two to Three Business Days: Once the Merchant Account Agreement has been signed, please allow two to three business days for the merchant account to be approved.
4. Click & Pledge Account Activation: Click & Pledge will send a "Welcome" email notifying you that your Click & Pledge account is ready to use with instructions on getting started.
5. Georgia Gives Profile Activation: Your nonprofit's profile page will be uploaded on the Georgia Gives Day website www.gagives.org. You will receive notification and instructions on how to customize your profile page including uploading a video, sharing your organizations mission and highlighting the areas of need.